How to Find the Best Probiotics
To understand the health benefits of probiotics, first, you need to understand what they are. Probiotics are living microorganisms introduced to your system. This can be done every day, helping to increase your gut flora. A strong and healthy microbiome can help prevent yeast infections, fight off cancer, reduce stress, and help with symptoms of bowel disorders. In order to reap these health benefits, you need to know how to find the best probiotic for you.
Know How Many CFUs You Want
Each probiotic is made up of colony-forming units, or CFUs. The average adult needs a minimum of 5 billion CFUs daily. However, some may need more. If you suffer from problems with your gut like Irritable Bowel Syndrome or have an immune disorder, you may want to take closer to 15-20 billion CFUs.
Look for the Right Strains
There are 11 different strains of probiotics. These include the following:
- Bifidobacterium animalis helps you absorb nutrients, promotes digestion, supports a healthy immune system, fights unhealthy bacteria, and helps to relieve constipation.
- B. breve stops disease-causing bacteria and yeast from growing, helps you absorb nutrients, and breaks down plant fibers for easier digestion.
- B. lactis fights tumor growth, boosts the immune system, improves digestion, helps with respiratory disease, and aids with bowel diseases.
- B. longum helps with amino acid fermentation for muscle and cell structure maintenance. It also promotes metabolic health, reduces stress, and relieves anxiety.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus treats vaginal yeast infections and helps prevent traveler’s diarrhea. It can enhance your immune response to vaccines, and assists in the managing the growth of cancer cells.
- L. reuteri helps prevent diarrhea, colic in infants, and dental problems. It also relieves constipation while combating candida growth in the vagina.
- L. rhamnosus is ideal for addressing diabetes and weight gain, bringing seasonal allergies more under control, and strengthening your overall immune system. It also relieves irritable bowel syndrome, and it has the potential of reducing anxiety and depression.
- L. gasseri helps treat anemia and decreases the risk of cardiovascular events. It also reduces the formation of bad bacteria, and it controls vaginal infections caused by specific bacterias.
- B. bifidum prevents gastrointestinal infections, stimulates your immune system, and protects your intestine from damage caused by toxins and germs.
- L. salivarius targets bad bacteria, all while producing an environment for thriving bacteria.
- L. bulgaricus protects the gastrointestinal lining from acid buildup, maintains hormonal stability, prevents constipation, and promotes a healthy gut.
Having trouble finding the right probiotics for your needs, let alone narrowing down your options? We’re glad to help! With over 20 years in the industry, Custom Probiotics has developed completely natural and healthy solutions that can be delivered through capsules, powders, and even yogurt starters. We carry a number of strains with the highest potency and purity. In short, we’re dedicated to getting you the probiotics that you need for healthy living! Contact us today for more information.